I’d like to set up clean auto builds of my personal projects and some upstream projects like crosstool-ng, gcc, and binutils.
I’d like the build to run in a clean setup so the base system can be used for general development without affecting the build results.
Some technologies are:
- docker (LXC containers)
- schroot (Debian specific chroot helper)
debootstrap or Ubuntu Core can be used for the base system. Use polipo as a cache for the packages.
Aside: what does the debootstrap buildd variant include?
include the selectors
- Adds build-essential (quite reasonable)
- Or all tagged as Build-Essential
schroot is nice:
- normal users can enter the chroot
- you can spawn a session chroot off a seed
- the startup scripts copy various files from the host across